Thursday, April 4, 2013

Poem of the Day

So April is National Poetry Month, and I have been participating in a Facebook page of submitting a poem a day.  Today I submitted one that I just wrote, so thought I would share it here.  It is about spiders but doesn't have a title yet.  Maybe the first line?



The spider is my totem.

I used to kill her, you know,
before I was ready to let in her meaning.

She comes to me often now,
startling me
from lassitude and complacency.

Delicate, (dangerous?)
Maya, Arachne.
Gentle grandmother,
weaver of illusion and infinity.

The thread of generations
is spun from her belly--
a web of sorrows and wishes
wrought in the night.

Reminding me, yes, that all is connected
the past and time passed
is the pattern we live.

As she is the keeper of soul’s hidden language
of dream, and of poem

So she moves me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment